Picking the right dress size can be a hellish experience. The fashion gods forbid that you end up with a dress that’s too small. Or worse, too big and you can’t take it in. So, to save you from such scarring experiences, we have a few tips to help you out.
How to know your dress size? Easy! There are a few things you need to get a hang of. These tips will ensure you buy and sew your perfect fit every time.
Here’s what you need to know:
To kick things off, you’ll need a measuring tape, a pen and paper. It is also important that you wear undergarments that are comfortable and represent your usual underwear.
1. To get the right size of your bust, pass the tape under your arms and around its fullest part. Ensure the tape isn’t pressing against your bust, but lightly resting on it. To make sure you’ve done this right, move the tape up and down. It should not encounter any obstruction as you do this.
2. To measure your waist, there are 2 methods. You could place the tape around your waist making sure it falls where your stomach folds. Or, place the start of the tape on your belly button and measure 2 inches above it. Both methods fall on the smallest part of your waist. Again, remember not to wrap it too tightly.
3. To measure your hip, stand with your feet together and wrap the tape around the fullest part of your hip and bottom. This would give an exact measurement of the hip’s fullest part. Alternatively, you can measure the mid-point between your crotch and belly button. Remember to keep the tape loose enough so your dress fits perfectly.
4. When you have your size ready, go ahead and check a size chart. Size charts come in various types for different parts of the world. So, depending on where you’re shopping, we would suggest taking a look at their size chart. Take notice of the bust, waist and hips and always choose the higher size if you’re in-between sizes.
5. Stores typically size their dresses differently. So, we would suggest not using a dress size generator because you really never know what you’re going to get. Believe us, we have 3 dresses that can attest to that.
Did these tips work for you? Tell us if you’re now an expert on how to know your dress size! And if you’re a plus-size woman looking for cocktail dress inspirations, check out these amazing picks.
The post Get The Perfect Fit With These Helpful Tips On Picking The Right Dress Size! appeared first on ZUMI.