Canada Student Visa – How to apply and get Canada citizenship
Do you know that Canada now ranks 3rd globally in foreign student attraction?
According to Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) research, many international students choose to study in Canada due to the country’s strong quality of education, as well as Canada’s reputation as a multicultural and tolerant society.
So if you desire to study in Canada, you are making a very good decision. Through getting a Canada student visa, some international students have now become authorised to live permanently in Canada and become Canada citizens. If this is your dream also, continue reading this article.
It is absolutely worth it to study in Canada. I have many friends who started out as international students in Canada and they are now Canadian citizens.
Why study in Canada?
Every year, Canada receives over 130,000 international students who choose to study at Canadian universities and institutes.
Canada wants international students to remain in their country after their graduation. Canada would love to have Canadian trained students stick around to help bolster their economy.
International students studying in Canada receive Canadian student visas and become study permit holders. They are more likely to be approved for permanent residency (PR) in Canada than PR applicants who have never held a study permit.
For these reasons, many students are looking for Canadian student visas to pursue overseas study in Canadian institutions and universities. There is always a high volume of people checking the internet on how they can apply for a Canadian student visa.
There is no age limit for applying for a Canada student visa. However, if you are more than 45 years old at the time you will start studying in Canada, you may have a difficulty getting a Canadian Permanent Resident Status.
How can I get permanent residence/citizenship in Canada through student visa?
- You have to choose the right course to study and school. Your choice of course to study or program, your choice of school and the city you live in while studying in Canada has a direct and indirect effect towards your immigration plan. To increases your chances, you must choose at least a 2-year program. You need to know that if you choose the wrong program and wrong school, you may not be eligible for a Post Graduation Work Permit. And if you plan to travel with you wife/husband, your spouse may also not be eligible for an Open Work Permit.
- Send your admission application on time. There is usually a limited slots for International Students so make sure you submit your application in time.
- Submit your student visa application online. And before you submit, make sure you submit properly filled out application forms, a clear personal study plan or statement of purpose and complete documents.
- Fly to Canada and start your class.
- After completing your course off study, apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit to work full time. You may given up to a 3-year open work permit.
- After gaining one year eligible work experience, make sure you submit an application for permanent residence via Express Entry System or any other immigration programs that you may be eligible to depending on your circumstances.
Benefits of being international student on Canada student visa
As an International Student on a Canada student visa, here is a list of benefits you are entitled to:
- You may work part time of up to 20 hours per week while studying and full-time your scheduled school breaks
- You can bring your dependents (Spouse and kids below 18 years old) with you to Canada while you are studying
- Your children get to study for FREE until grade 12. After 18 months of stay in Canada, your children may be entitled to receive monthly allowance from the government through Child Tax Benefits
- If you come to study in Canada with your wife/husband, your spouse may work full time and depending on your spouse’s profile, he or she may already apply for permanent residence while you are still studying
- After completing your studies, you may apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit and may be given up to 3 years.
How much does it cost to study in Canada?
The total cost of studying in Canada depends on various factors such as:
- the course you want to pursue,
- its duration,
- the university or college that you have selected,
- the living expenses of the region,
- availability of part-time jobs
- and your individual choices and lifestyle factors.
In general, the cost of studying in Canada is comparable to the UK, USA, and Australia. If you are looking for an affordable university in Canada, you can check the cheapest universities in Canada for international students
How can I study for free in Canada?
It is very possible to study for FREE in Canada as there are so many scholarships available in Canada for international students whether you are an undergraduate and postgraduate student. Some of these scholarships in Canada are offered by the Canadian government and other higher institutions to help international students like you gain quality education FREE of charge.
How difficult is it to get the Canadian study permit?
Before you can obtain a Canadian student visa or study permit, what are the processes that you need to follow?
Not to worry, students around the world are usually confused as to how to begin their Study Visa process. So you are not alone.
Applying for a Canadian Study Visa is fairly simple and quick.
In this article, we will show you all the necessary things you are required to do during the application process of Canadian student visa.
There is no need for any consultants or immigration lawyers; an average person with reasonable knowledge of English can prepare and submit the Canada visa application, it is so easy.
For your visa application, you’ll need to gather specific documents. So, please just study all the information on this website so that you get a successful outcome on your first attempt.
The step-by-step guide for applying for Canada student visa:
Before we proceed, we need to let you know that information about student visa application is available for free on canada.ca, Canada’s official government website.
Here’s a summary of the steps
- 1. Get your ECA report – You are required to get your educational documents assessed through WES (World Education Services). You can apply online by paying the required fees.
- 2. Take IELTS Exam- You are also required to prepare and schedule a date for your IELTS exam. Remember, getting a good score in IELTS can even land you a possibility of scholarships from certain universities so, prepare well and try to score 7 bands and above.
- 3. Apply to Canadian colleges and universities for admission – In accordance with your interest, previous qualifications, budget, and other factors, find 2-4 universities or colleges and apply to them for admission along with all your necessary documents.
- 4. Pay the Tuition fee- Once you get an offer letter from the Canadian university or college of your choice, pay the semester fee to book your seat. You can wire the amount to a bank prescribed by the university/college. All the details that you need to make your payments shall be shared by your college.
- 5. Get your Medical, Police clearance, and Biometrics done – You should book a certified physician to get all the required health check-ups done. Getting your Biometrics and Police Clearance sorted shall be your next step before filing for a visa.
- 6. Visa application – At this point, you are now ready to fill out your Visa application. Fill up the Visa application form and attach all supporting documents, such as medical certificates, a GIC, university tuition payment receipt, an offer letter, id proofs, academic credentials, a passport, and so on. Obtain the necessary things and submit your application in accordance with the requirements of the Canadian Embassy.
These are the essential steps that you need to take for applying for a Canadian Study Visa.
Hope this article helped you.
Our hope is that this article helps you achieve your dreams of migrating to Canada. If you found it helpful, please let us know in the comments.
If there’s any question you have, drop it in the comment section. We love to hear from you.
To receive latest updates about fantastic opportunities to migrate to Canada, type in your first name and email address in this form below, then click Subscribe!