In this article, I will show you guys the exact steps that you need to take in order to get a permanent resident visa under the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP).
The Atlantic Immigration Program is another way to immigrate to Canada other than the Express entry stream. You can be living outside Canada to apply for this program.
Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) is a very easy and fast way to come to Canada as a permanent resident for the following reasons:
- There is no points system under the Atlantic Immigration Program, so if you have a really low CRS score then this program is a great relief for you because you are not invited based on CRS score. The program operates on a first-come, first-served basis.
- This program also accepts really low IELTS score.
- This program accepts lower education level as low as high school graduate.
- This program accepts very low proof of funds as low as $3,000 for a single person
- This program accepts low skilled jobs on level C along with skilled jobs on levels 0, A and B. So, whether you’re a nurse, a doctor, an engineer, an accountant, a programmer, a chef, a truck driver, a butcher, a food server, you are eligible as far as your skill set requirement is concerned. NOC Skill Type 0 are management jobs such as restaurant managers, mine managers.
NOC Skill Level A are professional jobs that usually need a degree from a university, such as doctors, dentists, architects.
NOC Skill Level B are technical jobs and skilled trades such as chefs, electricians, plumbers.
NOC Skill Level C are intermediate jobs that usually call for high school and/or job-specific training, such as industrial butchers, long-haul truck drivers, food and beverage servers.
- On this program, you will arrive in Canada not just alone but also with your entire family and not as a work permit but as a permanent resident.
- On AIP, you don’t need to worry about a place to live when you arrive in Canada because a
settlement plan provider will help you throughout the process. So once you arrive in Canada, you already have an accommodation. Everything is settled. You have a job and also a permanent resident status.
- For AIP, employers don’t need a positive LMIA in order to hire you. If you don’t know what LMA is, let me explain. In Canada, before an employer can hire you as a foreign worker, they must provide a document which proves that no other Canadian worker can do the job except you and that hiring you won’t negatively impact the Canadian labor market. This document is called the LMIA or Labor Market Impact Assessment. So with a AIP, your employer doesn’t need to undergo this process and can hire you right there and then.
So these are the advantages of applying through the AIP (Atlantic Immigration Program).
What is Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP)?
If you are a foreign worker with skills on 0, A, B, C Canada job level and you want to work and live in one of these Canada’s 4 Atlantic provinces – New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland and Labrador, the Atlantic Immigration Program may be perfect to help you move to Canada.
Atlantic Immigration Program is a pathway to permanent residence in Canada for skilled foreign workers and international graduates who want to work and live in 1 of Canada’s 4 Atlantic provinces – New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland and Labrador.
You can be living abroad, outside Canada to apply for this program.
How to get Canadian permanent residence under the AIP
Let’s move on to the steps that you need to take in order for you to get a Canadian permanent residence under the AIP (Atlantic Immigration Program).
Step 1: Prepare your documents that prove you are eligible:
To be eligible for the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP), you must:
- Have qualifying work experience – In the last 5 years, you must have worked at least 1,560 hours in a work that should be at one of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels:
– NOC Skill Type 0 (management jobs such as restaurant managers, mine managers)
– NOC Skill Level A (professional jobs that usually need a degree from a university, such as doctors, dentists, architects)
– NOC Skill Level B (technical jobs and skilled trades such as chefs, electricians, plumbers)
– NOC Skill Level C (intermediate jobs that usually call for high school and/or job-specific training, such as industrial butchers, long-haul truck drivers, food and beverage servers)
- Meet or exceed the educational requirements:
If you plan to do NOC 0 or A skill type or level job, you must have a one-year post-secondary educational credential or higher from outside Canada.
If you have a job offer at the NOC B or C skill level, you must have a high school diploma from outside Canada. Remember that if you studied outside Canada, you need an educational credential assessment (ECA) to confirm that your studies are equal to or higher than the required level of education for your job offer.
- Meet or exceed the language requirements:
The minimum language requirements for AIP are:
– For NOC 0, A and B – CLB/NCLC 5 f
– For NOC C – CLB/NCLC 4
- Show proof of funds:
Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family when you get to Canada
Step 2: Find a designated employer that will give you a job offer
You’ll need to find a job with designated employers in any of Canada’s four Atlantic provinces – New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland and Labrador
Thankfully, there’s a lot of designated employers currently hiring right now.
Click here to find a job in New Brunswick on the province’s official website
Click here to find a job in Nova Scotia on the province’s official website.
Click here to find a job in Prince Edward Island on the province’s official website.
Click here to find a job in Newfoundland and Labrador on the province’s official website.
Step 3: Get your settlement plan & Certificate of Endorsement
After you get a job offer from a designated employer, you will need to get a settlement plan. A settlement plan is FREE and will help you and your family adjust to your new home in Atlantic Canada. It contains useful resources and contacts to help you feel welcome in your new community.
If you’re outside Canada, there are several settlement service provider organizations in Canada that you can contact. Your designated employer can provide you with recommendations.
Once you have your settlement plan, give a copy to your employer and keep a copy for yourself. If you’re outside Canada, bring the plan with you when you are moving to Canada.
After you receive your settlement plan, the province must endorse your job offer so you can receive your Certificate of Endorsement. Your employer will handle this process.
Your certificate of endorsement is actually a requirement in order for you to apply for permanent residence under the Atlantic immigration program.
Step 4: Apply for your permanent residence under the AIP
Once you get your Certificate of Endorsement, you can proceed applying for permanent residence under the AIP. See full details about the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) on official Canada government website
I hope this helps you and I wish you success with your application.
Always remember that we rise by lifting others. Please share this article to your friends and loved ones.
14 thoughts on “Easiest and Fastest Way to Immigrate to Canada – Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP)”
Canada Is My Dress Country
I need opportunity to leave in Canada
I will appreciate when my prayers came true
I am 24years located in uganda I like to move in Canada and work in Canada
I wish I see my self one day in canada
I’m Abraham Korlah, I’m interested in traveling and working in Canada what is the requirements
I went stay in canada hole life. And olso need opportunity. I went go ther
I have a job, please give me a visa
I have a job, please give me a visa
Since have lived on this world my dream is to live and work in CANADA so God help me and make my dreams happen
Hi good day
How to apply work in Canada? Im interested to work there..Hope you see my coment..thank you
How to process
I hope you can help me how to apply in Canada I like to work there with then I can bring my daughter with me,.i always pray that God give me this opportunity with me..have a great day everyone.
Hi Sir how are you.
sir im Trailer driver in UAE Dubai 5 year experience trailer drivering